Dear all,

we have published a vagrant box project for our LINDAT/CLARIN repository
based on DSpace which could be useful for the DSpace community as well.
We do know about https://github.com/DSpace/vagrant-dspace but we found it
unsuitable for our needs (however, we have used a small part of the dspace
module definition).

Our box has been tested with the virtualbox provider with most of the
installation done by puppet provisioning.
When the *dspace4* box is up (the default one - lindat - is our
repository!), you will get a development environment on Ubuntu12.04 with
munin, monit, phppgadmin, probe + few others and with DSpace remotely
"debuggable" on port 8000 with solr visible.
You can easily change the source directory to be present in a shared
directory (so you do not need to do additional github magic) but it is off
by default because of the performance.
You can easily modify java/tomcat version for 6,7 (tutorial for java8
installation is included in the files).
More documentation (mostly for the lindat box) and source code is available
at https://github.com/ufal/lindat-repository-vagrant .

In case you have vagrant and virtualbox installed, try it with:

git clone https://github.com/ufal/lindat-repository-vagrant.git
cd lindat-repository-vagrant && vagrant up dspace4

(note the dspace4 at the end), wait for a moment or two and open
http://33.33.33.79 in your browser for the overview page.

Kind regards,
Jozef Misutka
LINDAT/CLARIN repository manager