Hi, Nason, did you ever configure Tomcat to run as the DSpace user? What are
you using for a service init script?

--Hardy

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 1, 2014, at 1:52 PM, "Nason Bimbe"
<nasonbi...@gmail.com<mailto:nasonbi...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi,
I am still having the same problem. I have made sure dspace is the owner of all
files and I am also using dspace user to build the DSpace. I am running Debian
Wheezy.

This is how Tomcat was installed
=========================
- downloaded, copied  Tomact 7 files into /usr/local, created a symbolic link
mv /home/dspace/Downloads/apache-tomcat-7.0.54 /usr/local
unlink tomcat
ln -s apache-tomcat-7.0.54 tomcat
- made sure that tomcat folder is owned by the dspace user
cd /usr/local
chown -R dspace:dspace apache-tomcat-7.0.54
- restarted tomcat
/etc/init.d/tomcat restart
- checked if tomcat is running and is running ok
http://localhost:8080

This the change I  made to the top level POM as advised by Bram by adding scope
tag
<dependency>
 <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
 <artfactId>servlet-api</artfactID>
 <version>2.5</version>
 <scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>

Regards
Nason

On 1 September 2014 00:38, Pottinger, Hardy J.