Hi Jose,

Perhaps a similar idea is the citation cover-page project I had worked on
at OSU <https://github.com/osulibraries/DSpace/wiki/Citation-Cover-Page>.
We don't modify the original PDF at all, upon download/dissemination, it
generates a pdf that adds that extra page and serves it. Due to licensing,
we'll need to look at java libraries to help accomplish this. The
implementation used iTextPDF, which is AGPL (incompatible with DSpace), so
the search continues. I'm leaning towards Apache PDFBox.

You probably don't NEED to store the CC license info into the PDF itself.
i.e. What happens if someone edits the Item, and chooses another license in
the future, split apart the pdf and change the last page? No thanks. Just
display the PDF to the user with all the info you need. Plus, you already
have all the info you need at that point (once its in archive).

Peter Dietz
Longsight
www.longsight.com
pe...@longsight.com