From: euler <esne...@seafdec.org.ph>
Sent: Wednesday, 19 November 2014 4:05 p.m.
To: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Dspace-tech] Use case for exporting a DSpace collection to CD/DVD

Dear All,

We are planning to distribute our DSpace collection via CD/DVD to other
libraries in areas where there are no internet connection. Searching the
mailing list, I found this thread [1]. I would like to ask if you have
implemented these and maybe share your experiences? If you have used
greenstone to export collections [2], you'll pretty get the idea. My
supervisor suggested to try out LibraryBox [3] but AFAIK, it will only work
for static pages and you can't include searching. My other concerns are,
just like the resulting exported collection from greenstone, I need a way to
"automatically" start the services (eg tomcat[4] and postgresql[5]) and
launch the default landing page for the collection. If someone can guide me
how to achieve these or point me to resources from the web. Any advices and
comments would be great too.

Thanks in advance.

[1]  Dspace in CD
<http://dspace.2283337.n4.nabble.com/Dspace-in-CD-tt3285093.html>