Thank you all for your help.

I got customization no. (2,3) working without doing rebuilding.

For #2:
Check this: http://goo.gl/FUjiNQ
It works to* browse by* "Type" , but still it doesn't work to have "Type"
as one of the discover sidebar facets and search filters.

For #3:
I was editing the wrong file. You should edit
webapps/theme/Mirage/lib/xsl/aspect/artifactbrowser/item-view.xsl

For #1.
Still It doesn't work. If anyone have an idea about it, please reply back!

Regards,

Nada Abo-Eita