Hi Mark,

Kindly find the attached file for discovery.xml

Regarding (a) I tried to run the command using -f option but nothing
changed, and (b) I checked that too.

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 8:37 PM, Mark Diggory <mdigg...@atmire.com> wrote:

> Hello Nada,
>
> Setting up different facets is part of Discovery. As pointed out earlier
> in the thread, your original posting looks like your getting most of the
> config correct. If you post your discovery.xml, we can take a look and
> advise on where the error may lie.
>
> a.) note, in regards to (5) in your original email, you might also try:
> *./dspace
> index-discovery -f*
>
> b.) also note, do your Items already have the metadata field dc.type
> populated? The facet will not show  in navigation unless there is data.
>
> https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC4x/Discovery
>
> Best,
> Mark
>

> On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 8:57 AM, Hilton Gibson <hilton.gib...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Nada
>>
>> I cannot help beyond providing the wiki page link. Sorry.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> hg
>>
>> *Hilton Gibson*
>> Ubuntu Linux Systems Administrator
>> JS Gericke Library
>> Room 1025C
>> Stellenbosch University
>> Private Bag X5036
>> Stellenbosch
>> 7599
>> South Africa
>>
>> Tel: +27 21 808 4100 | Cell: +27 84 646 4758
>>
>> On 15 December 2014 at 18:00, Nada Abo Eita <naboeit...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> Thank you Hilton for your reply,  I added search.index.13=type:dc.type
>>> to dspace.cfg, And do reindexing using index-discovery command, but nothing
>>> worked
>>> Any assist please?
>>> It's very important to add TYPE as a facet in my dspace.
>>>
>>> Note that I'm using dspace version 4.2
>>>

>>> On 14 Dec,2014, at 9:47 PM, Hilton Gibson <hilton.gib...@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, see:
>>> http://wiki.lib.sun.ac.za/index.php/SUNScholar/Browse_Indexes/4.X#Step_2_-_Setup_custom_browse_indexes
>>>
>>> *Hilton Gibson*
>>> Ubuntu Linux Systems Administrator
>>> JS Gericke Library
>>> Room 1025C
>>> Stellenbosch University
>>> Private Bag X5036
>>> Stellenbosch
>>> 7599
>>> South Africa
>>>
>>> Tel: +27 21 808 4100 | Cell: +27 84 646 4758

>> List Etiquette:
>> https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Mailing+List+Etiquette
>>

> --
> [image: @mire Inc.]
> *Mark Diggory*
> *2888 Loker Avenue East, Suite 315, Carlsbad, CA. 92010*
> *Esperantolaan 4, Heverlee 3001, Belgium*
> http://www.atmire.com

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--

    The contents of this file are subject to the license and copyright
    detailed in the LICENSE and NOTICE files at the root of the source
    tree and available online at

    http://www.dspace.org/license/

-->
<beans xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans";
       xmlns:context="http://www.springframework.org/schema/context";
       xmlns:util="http://www.springframework.org/schema/util";
           http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-3.0.xsd
           http://www.springframework.org/schema/context
           http://www.springframework.org/schema/context/spring-context-3.0.xsd
           http://www.springframework.org/schema/util
           http://www.springframework.org/schema/util/spring-util-3.0.xsd";
    default-autowire-candidates="*Service,*DAO,javax.sql.DataSource">

    <context:annotation-config /> <!-- allows us to use spring annotations in beans -->

    <bean id="solrServiceResourceIndexPlugin" class="org.dspace.discovery.SolrServiceResourceRestrictionPlugin" scope="prototype"/>
    <bean id="SolrServiceSpellIndexingPlugin" class="org.dspace.discovery.SolrServiceSpellIndexingPlugin" scope="prototype"/>

    <alias name="solrServiceResourceIndexPlugin" alias="org.dspace.discovery.SolrServiceResourceRestrictionPlugin"/>

    <!-- Additional indexing plugin to implement the browse system via SOLR -->
    <bean id="solrBrowseIndexer" scope="prototype"
          class="org.dspace.browse.SolrBrowseCreateDAO">
    </bean>

    <!--Bean that is used for mapping communities/collections to certain discovery configurations.-->
    <bean id="org.dspace.discovery.configuration.DiscoveryConfigurationService" class="org.dspace.discovery.configuration.DiscoveryConfigurationService">
        <property name="map">
            <map>
                <!--The map containing all the settings,
                    the key is used to refer to the page (the "site" or a community/collection handle)
                    the value-ref is a reference to an identifier of the DiscoveryConfiguration format
                    -->
                <!--The default entry, DO NOT REMOVE the system requires this-->
               <entry key="default" value-ref="defaultConfiguration" />

               <!--Use site to override the default configuration for the home page & default discovery page-->
               <entry key="site" value-ref="homepageConfiguration" />
               <!--<entry key="123456789/7621" value-ref="defaultConfiguration"/>-->
            </map>
        </property>
        <property name="toIgnoreMetadataFields">
            <map>
                <entry>
                    <key><util:constant static-field="org.dspace.core.Constants.COMMUNITY"/></key>
                    <list>
                        <!--Introduction text-->
                        <!--<value>dc.description</value>-->
                        <!--Short description-->
                        <!--<value>dc.description.abstract</value>-->
                        <!--News-->
                        <!--<value>dc.description.tableofcontents</value>-->
                        <!--Copyright text-->
                        <value>dc.rights</value>
                        <!--Community name-->
                        <!--<value>dc.title</value>-->
                    </list>
                </entry>
                <entry>
                    <key><util:constant static-field="org.dspace.core.Constants.COLLECTION"/></key>
                    <list>
                        <!--Introduction text-->
                        <!--<value>dc.description</value>-->
                        <!--Short description-->
                        <!--<value>dc.description.abstract</value>-->
                        <!--News-->
                        <!--<value>dc.description.tableofcontents</value>-->
                        <!--Copyright text-->
                        <value>dc.rights</value>
                        <!--Collection name-->
                        <!--<value>dc.title</value>-->
                    </list>
                </entry>
                <entry>
                    <key><util:constant static-field="org.dspace.core.Constants.ITEM"/></key>
                    <list>
                        <value>dc.description.provenance</value>
                    </list>
                </entry>
            </map>
        </property>
    </bean>

    <!--The default configuration settings for discovery-->
    <bean id="defaultConfiguration" class="org.dspace.discovery.configuration.DiscoveryConfiguration" scope="prototype">
        <!--Which sidebar facets are to be displayed-->
        <property name="sidebarFacets">
            <list>
                <ref bean="searchFilterAuthor" />
				<ref bean="searchFilterType" />
                <ref bean="searchFilterSubject" />
                <ref bean="searchFilterIssued" />
            </list>
        </property>
        <!--The search filters which can be used on the discovery search page-->
        <property name="searchFilters">
            <list>
                <ref bean="searchFilterTitle" />
				<ref bean="searchFilterType" />
                <ref bean="searchFilterAuthor" />
                <ref bean="searchFilterSubject" />
                <ref bean="searchFilterIssued" />
            </list>
        </property>
        <!--The sort filters for the discovery search-->
        <property name="searchSortConfiguration">
            <bean class="org.dspace.discovery.configuration.DiscoverySortConfiguration">
                <!--<property name="defaultSort" ref="sortDateIssued"/>-->
                <!--DefaultSortOrder can either be desc or asc (desc is default)-->
                <property name="defaultSortOrder" value="desc"/>
                <property name="sortFields">
                    <list>
                        <ref bean="sortTitle" />
                        <ref bean="sortDateIssued" />
                    </list>
                </property>
            </bean>
        </property>
        <!--Any default filter queries, these filter queries will be used for all queries done by discovery for this configuration-->
        <!--<property name="defaultFilterQueries">-->
            <!--<list>-->
                <!--Only find items-->
                <!--<value>search.resourcetype:2</value>-->
            <!--</list>-->
        <!--</property>-->
        <!--The configuration for the recent submissions-->
        <property name="recentSubmissionConfiguration">
            <bean class="org.dspace.discovery.configuration.DiscoveryRecentSubmissionsConfiguration">
                <property name="metadataSortField" value="dc.date.accessioned" />
                <property name="type" value="date"/>
                <property name="max" value="20"/>
                <!-- If enabled the collection home page will not display metadata but show a pageable list of recent submissions -->
                <property name="useAsHomePage" value="false"/>
            </bean>
        </property>
        <!--Default result per page  -->
        <property name="defaultRpp" value="10" />
        <property name="hitHighlightingConfiguration">
            <bean class="org.dspace.discovery.configuration.DiscoveryHitHighlightingConfiguration">
                <property name="metadataFields">
                    <list>
                        <bean class="org.dspace.discovery.configuration.DiscoveryHitHighlightFieldConfiguration">
                            <property name="field" value="dc.title"/>
                            <property name="snippets" value="5"/>
                        </bean>
                        <bean class="org.dspace.discovery.configuration.DiscoveryHitHighlightFieldConfiguration">
                            <property name="field" value="dc.contributor.author"/>
                            <property name="snippets" value="5"/>
                        </bean>
                        <bean class="org.dspace.discovery.configuration.DiscoveryHitHighlightFieldConfiguration">
                            <property name="field" value="dc.description.abstract"/>
                            <property name="maxSize" value="250"/>
                            <property name="snippets" value="2"/>
                        </bean>
                        <bean class="org.dspace.discovery.configuration.DiscoveryHitHighlightFieldConfiguration">
                            <property name="field" value="fulltext"/>
                            <property name="maxSize" value="250"/>
                            <property name="snippets" value="2"/>
                        </bean>
                    </list>
                </property>
            </bean>
        </property>
        <property name="moreLikeThisConfiguration">
            <bean class="org.dspace.discovery.configuration.DiscoveryMoreLikeThisConfiguration">
                <!--When altering this list also alter the "xmlui.Discovery.RelatedItems.help" key as it describes
                the metadata fields below-->
                <property name="similarityMetadataFields">
                    <list>
                        <value>dc.title</value>
                        <value>dc.contributor.author</value>
                        <value>dc.creator</value>
                        <value>dc.subject</value>
                    </list>
                </property>
                <!--The minimum number of matching terms across the metadata fields above before an item is found as related -->
                <property name="minTermFrequency" value="5"/>
                <!--The maximum number of related items displayed-->
                <property name="max" value="3"/>
                <!--The minimum word length below which words will be ignored-->
                <property name="minWordLength" value="5"/>
            </bean>
        </property>
        <!-- When true a "did you mean" example will be displayed, value can be true or false -->
        <property name="spellCheckEnabled" value="true"/>
    </bean>

    <!--The Homepage specific configuration settings for discovery-->
    <bean id="homepageConfiguration" class="org.dspace.discovery.configuration.DiscoveryConfiguration" scope="prototype">
        <!--Which sidebar facets are to be displayed (same as defaultConfiguration above)-->
        <property name="sidebarFacets">
            <list>
                <ref bean="searchFilterAuthor" />
                <ref bean="searchFilterSubject" />
                <ref bean="searchFilterIssued" />
				<ref bean="searchFilterType" />
            </list>
        </property>
        <!--The search filters which can be used on the discovery search page (same as defaultConfiguration above)-->
        <property name="searchFilters">
            <list>
                <ref bean="searchFilterTitle" />
                <ref bean="searchFilterAuthor" />
                <ref bean="searchFilterSubject" />
                <ref bean="searchFilterIssued" />
				<ref bean="searchFilterType" />
            </list>
        </property>
        <!--The sort filters for the discovery search (same as defaultConfiguration above)-->
        <property name="searchSortConfiguration">
            <bean class="org.dspace.discovery.configuration.DiscoverySortConfiguration">
                <!--<property name="defaultSort" ref="sortDateIssued"/>-->
                <!--DefaultSortOrder can either be desc or asc (desc is default)-->
                <property name="defaultSortOrder" value="desc"/>
                <property name="sortFields">
                    <list>
                        <ref bean="sortTitle" />
                        <ref bean="sortDateIssued" />
                    </list>
                </property>
            </bean>
        </property>
        <!-- Limit recent submissions on homepage to only 5 (default is 20) -->
        <property name="recentSubmissionConfiguration">
            <bean class="org.dspace.discovery.configuration.DiscoveryRecentSubmissionsConfiguration">
                <property name="metadataSortField" value="dc.date.accessioned" />
                <property name="type" value="date"/>
                <property name="max" value="5"/>
[...]

    <!--Search filter configuration beans-->
    <bean id="searchFilterTitle" class="org.dspace.discovery.configuration.DiscoverySearchFilter">
        <property name="indexFieldName" value="title"/>
        <property name="metadataFields">
            <list>
                <value>dc.title</value>
            </list>
        </property>
    </bean>

    <bean id="searchFilterAuthor" class="org.dspace.discovery.configuration.DiscoverySearchFilterFacet">
        <property name="indexFieldName" value="author"/>
        <property name="metadataFields">
            <list>
                <value>dc.contributor.author</value>
                <value>dc.creator</value>
            </list>
        </property>
        <property name="facetLimit" value="10"/>
        <property name="sortOrder" value="COUNT"/>
    </bean>

	<bean id="searchFilterType" class="org.dspace.discovery.configuration.DiscoverySearchFilterFacet">
        <property name="indexFieldName" value="type"/>
        <property name="metadataFields">
            <list>
                <value>dc.type</value>
            </list>
        </property>
        <property name="facetLimit" value="10"/>
        <property name="sortOrder" value="COUNT"/>
    </bean>

    <bean id="searchFilterSubject" class="org.dspace.discovery.configuration.HierarchicalSidebarFacetConfiguration">
        <property name="indexFieldName" value="subject"/>
        <property name="metadataFields">
            <list>
                <value>dc.subject.*</value>
            </list>
        </property>
        <property name="facetLimit" value="10"/>
        <property name="sortOrder" value="COUNT"/>
        <property name="splitter" value="::"/>
    </bean>

    <bean id="searchFilterIssued" class="org.dspace.discovery.configuration.DiscoverySearchFilterFacet">
        <property name="indexFieldName" value="dateIssued"/>
        <property name="metadataFields">
            <list>
                <value>dc.date.issued</value>
            </list>
        </property>
        <property name="type" value="date"/>
        <property name="sortOrder" value="VALUE"/>
    </bean>

    <!--Sort properties-->
    <bean id="sortTitle" class="org.dspace.discovery.configuration.DiscoverySortFieldConfiguration">
        <property name="metadataField" value="dc.title"/>
    </bean>

    <bean id="sortDateIssued" class="org.dspace.discovery.configuration.DiscoverySortFieldConfiguration">
        <property name="metadataField" value="dc.date.issued"/>
        <property name="type" value="date"/>
    </bean>

</beans>