Dear DSpace Community,

I have added the mime type (dc.format.mimetype) search filter successfully.
However when I tried to search for the items which has PDF bitstreams ( *using
the advanced search*), it doesn't work. It gives me search produce no
results, even though there are PDF bitstreams in my dspace instance. Please
find the attached snap shot.

On the other hand,  I tried to search using the *simple search* by this
query "PDF" and it works . It gives me all the items which has PDF
bitstreams.

Can some one tell me what's the difference between both and why the search
filter by dc.format.mimetype doesn't work?

Regards,
Nada Abo-Eita