I am trying to use the SearchService to retrieve all the distinct values of
a metadata field for items in a collection. I understand from various posts
that solr should have such a capability using facet searches, however I am
having a problem wrapping my head around how to use the DiscoverQuery class
and search service to get it done. Can anyone point me in the right
direction or give me a starting bit of code that would help me.

John