On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 7:46 PM, Claudia Jürgen
<claudia.juer...@ub.tu-dortmund.de> wrote:
> got a weird effect with oai (DSpace version 4.2 + the latest security
> patches, oai caching disabled).

Hi Claudia,

the description part of OAI Identify response was backported to 4.x,
so most likely that's the change you weren't expecting:
https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/commit/8fd038334e464593b3732c0ce832c4f27d77fc33#diff-2892a00c2368f97457e6ac3f2030c9e9

By default, <repositoryIdentifier> is configured to point to your
dspace.hostname - I assume that's the problem. You can change it here:
https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blob/dspace-4.2/dspace/config/crosswalks/oai/description.xml#L3

Then just restart your servlet container. You have caching turned off
(may I suggest you reconsider this decision?), so no need to run "oai
clean-cache".

Regards,
~~helix84