On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 5:45 PM, Robbins, Seth David <srobb...@illinois.edu>
wrote:

> We do what Helix describes, but we¹re looking for another way. It's a hack
> to store information crucial to actionable business logic in the
> descriptive metadata.

Depends on how you look at it - it is also a way to allow a wider group of
users to easily edit the date - the 1.6 embargo does the same thing.

But if you insist, it's not any harder to make the curation task look at
resource policies instead of item metadata. You could use item resource
policy or a resource policy of one of the bitstreams or one with a special
name. Such implementation will still be contained within the curation task
and doesn't require changes to DSpace.

Regards,
~~helix84