Hi Binta,

You should verify the version of Java and Maven that you are using to
build DSpace.  As of DSpace 5, we require Maven 3.0.5+, and Java JDK 7
(the full JDK and NOT the JRE).

Based on the error, it sounds like you may be using a JRE instead of the
full JDK, or your version of Java may be outdated.

- Tim