On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 4:36 PM, Avino, Thomas W. (LARC-B702)[LITES] <
thomas.w.av...@nasa.gov> wrote:

>  I am not sure why this seems so hard to do.  I have a dspace collection
> that has about 3000 items.  Most items have one PDF file.
>
> All I want to do is extract all of those PDF files into a directory on my
> file system so I can put them on a DVD for the customer.  I only need the
> PDF’s.  What I keep getting is a directory for each item, with the pdf, and
> a Dublin_core file.

If you got this far, just copy all the pdf files:

find ./export-dir/ -name '*.pdf' -print0 | xargs -0 -I {} cp -i {} ./cdrom/

Note that the -i argument in this non-interactive mode is there just to
notify you of files which had identical filenames and therefore only one of
them is in the target directory.

Regards,
~~helix84