Thanks Mark.

BR
Binta

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark H. Wood [mailto:mw...@iupui.edu]
Sent: 27 July 2015 19:28
To: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] dspace log

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 02:22:53PM +0000, Saidy Binta wrote:
> Can someone kindly explain this error, since I cannot make any sense
> of what it means. Thanks
>

> 2015-07-27 13:51:50,892 WARN
> org.dspace.statistics.util.SpiderDetector @ Not loading
> panchma.tivra.com:  null
> 2015-07-27 13:51:51,695 WARN
> org.dspace.statistics.util.SpiderDetector @ Not loading
> pixnat09.whizbang.com:  null
> 2015-07-27 13:51:52,516 WARN
> org.dspace.statistics.util.SpiderDetector @ Not loading
> morgue1.corp.yahoo.com:  null
> 2015-07-27 13:51:53,306 WARN
> org.dspace.statistics.util.SpiderDetector @ Not loading
> crawl8-public.alexa.com:  Unresolvable host name (empty response)
> 2015-07-27 13:51:54,112 WARN
> org.dspace.statistics.util.SpiderDetector @ Not loading
> zeus.nj.nec.com:  null
> 2015-07-27 13:51:54,606 WARN
> org.dspace.statistics.util.SpiderDetector @ Not loading xs4.kso.co.uk:
> Unresolvable host name (empty response)
> 2015-07-27 13:51:55,078 WARN
> org.dspace.statistics.util.SpiderDetector @ Not loading
> crawler918.com:  Unresolvable host name (empty response)
> 2015-07-27 13:51:55,504 WARN
> org.dspace.statistics.util.SpiderDetector @ Not loading
> idle.eidetica.com:  Unresolvable host name (empty response)
> 2015-07-27 13:51:56,790 WARN
> org.dspace.statistics.util.SpiderDetector @ Not loading
> hanta.yahoo.com:  null
> 2015-07-27 13:51:57,595 WARN
> org.dspace.statistics.util.SpiderDetector @ Not loading
> pixnat06.whizbang.com:  null

These are warnings, and mostly harmless.  They concern the names of old web
spiders that probably should be removed from DSpace since they no longer
resolve.  You could comment them out or remove them from
config/spiders/iplists.com-non_engines.txt if you wish.  It does take some
seconds to get past them when initializing the spider detector code.

--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst

University Library
755 W. Michigan Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202
317-274-0749
www.ulib.iupui.edu

________________________________

DISCLAIMER: This message is private and confidential. If you have received this
message in error please notify us and remove it from your system. Any views and
opinions expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and do
not necessarily represent the views and opinions of Medical Research Council
Unit, The Gambia

This communication is confidential and may contain privileged information
intended solely for the named recipient(s). It may not be used or disclosed
except for the purpose for which it has been sent. If you are not the intended
recipient, you must not copy, distribute, take any action or reliance on it. If
you have received this communication in error, do not open any attachments but
please notify the Help Desk by e-mailing h...@mrc.gm quoting the sender
details, and then delete this message along with any attached files. E-mail
messages are not secure and attachments could contain software viruses which
may damage your computer system. Whilst every reasonable precaution has been
taken to minimise this risk, The MRC Unit The Gambia cannot accept any
liability for any damage sustained as a result of these factors. You are
advised to carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachments.
Unless expressly stated, opinions in this message are those of the e-mail
author and not
 of the Medical Research Council Unit The Gambia.