Hi Jacob (and all),

Interesting work so far! In case you (and others) hadn't heard, a new UI platform is the top priority on our DSpace Roadmap (recently approved by our DSpace Steering Group):
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/RoadMap

More info on the UI Project specifically at:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Design+-+Single+UI+Project

As was just announced (on dspace-general), we are working to establish a DSpace UI Working Group to help lead the process of piloting and selecting a new UI platform. The draft group charter is at:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DSpace+UI+Working+Group

If you (or anyone else) are interested in taking part in this process, you may wish to consider attending our first Working Group meeting next week. The full details are in this email message: http://dspace.2283337.n4.nabble.com/Invitation-to-join-the-DSpace-User-Interface-UI-Working-Group-Aug-10-15-00-UTC-td4679073.html

In the coming weeks, we also will be working with this Working Group to draft out the process of prototyping UI platforms and making a final selection. So, even if you are not interested in taking part in the UI Working Group, you might be interested in joining or establishing a UI pilot team (on the platform of your choice , or submitting "disco" as a pilot). More information on this will be sent to the mailing lists in the coming weeks.

- Tim

--
Tim Donohue
Technical Lead for DSpace & DSpaceDirect