Hi,

Le samedi 23 janvier 2010 à 14:46 +0200, Ion-Mihai Tetcu a écrit :
> On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 12:33:18 +0100
> Julien Valroff <jul...@kirya.net> wrote:
>
> > Le samedi 23 janvier 2010 à 12:12 +0100, Julien Valroff a écrit :
> > > Hi,

> > > I am to blame as previous packages were based on git HEAD. This
> > > feature will be part of an upcoming release (maybe 3.9.1, I am not
> > > sure).

> > > Try and set:
> > > $CONFIG{'HISTORY_HTMLIZE'} = "no";
> > >
> > > in /etc/dspam/webfrontend.conf
> >
> > Re-reading your email, I think I had misunderstood it.
> >
> > Do you mean the webui isn't translated into Hebrew?
> >
> > Strange as the Hebrew templates are shipped in the dspam-webfrontend
> > package. I have no problem when I set Firefox preferred language to
> > Hebrew, the Webui is translated.
>
> Yes, the translation is in the tarball.
>
> > Check your webfrontend.conf file is based on the one shipped with the
> > package, as some changes were made between 3.9.0 and current git
> > (previous packages being based on git, my bad).
>
> We have a few branches in git:
>
> - MASTER which is the cutting edge, were all commits go
> - and the RELENG branches, which we use to cut the releases from.
>
> You might notice in the commit logs that there is a MFM filed (which
> has a value of N days - the interval that change is supposed to stay in
> MASTER for real-world testing before being merged down in RELENG
> branches).
> MASTER --(maybe)--> RELENG_3 --(maybe)--> RELENG_3_9 --(maybe)--> RELENG_3_9_1
>
> When the release engineering process for a new release is started, the
> RELENG_M_n_u is created. Periodically, things are merged in this
> branch, from which the release will eventually be made. At some point
> (a few days before the first alpha) we declare a feature freeze for
> this branch, and from that point only bug-fixes go in in this branch,
> while development of new things may continue in upper branches; for
> example, there are some new things in RELENG_3_9 and RELENG_3_9_1 that
> were committed to late in 3.9.0 release process to make it in 3.9.0.
> Once 3.9.0 was released, no commit goes in RELENG_3_9_0, which is
> frozen when it was tagged with 3_9_0R.
>
> So if you want to track the thing that will become the next release,
> track RELENG_3_9_1. If you want more, track the upper branches
> (RELENG_3_9 or 3). If you want cutting edge, track MASTER.
>
> Generally, all RELENG_M_m_u branches must compile and run stably,
> RELENG_M_m should, while MASTER may.

Thanks for your detailed explanations.
I always track master for myself and be sure to adapt the Debian
packages according to the various changes. At the time, I was pretty
sure all the commits made to master would be part of the 3.9.0 release,
which wasn't the case ;)

I now wait that packages for 3.9.0 are more widely tested (as I hope
they can be uploaded to Debian soon!) and will then work again tracking
what will become 3.9.1 so that people can test development snapshots.

Cheers,
Julien