On Sat, Nov 08, 2008 at 06:49:30PM +0100, Alexander Prinsier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When the connection between dspam and the mysql server gets dropped,
> dspam makes no attempt to setup a new one. Instead dspam just processes
> mails without filtering them.
>
> Is there anyone who knows how to tell dspam to reconnect when the
> database connection is dropped, or at least stop accepting new mail? Is
> there a patch around for this issue?
>
> Thanks,
> Alexander

Alexander,

DSPAM does not drop the connection. It sounds like you have a timeout
on your MySQL DB. Disable that and you will not have anymore problems.
We use MySQL with this change and DSPAM does not "drop" connections
anymore. The alternative is to write a patch to do the re-connect.
Good luck.

Ken

!DSPAM:1011,4915f17b150921651221053!