Dear friends of dspam-community & dspam,

** An update from dspam-community devel team**

Work at dspam-community is steadily progressing towards our first release which is targeted for 31st January despite many members having a stressful return to work! A project admin will be posting further details of skills and help we currently seek. Also keep an eye on the mailing lists and wiki.

We are really encouraged by the recent news that Sensory Networks are interested in passing the dspam project to the dspam-community project and we continue to talk to Sensory Networks (mostly off-list) to try and finalise the details. We hope to continue the talks in a positive way which best suits the future of dspam and is of benefit to everyone in the longer term. Whilst the technical transfer from Sensory Networks would be easy, the legal side may take longer and is process that shouldn't be rushed.

If you have any particular concern about this subject, then i'd encourage you to contact myself or a dspam-community admin off list.

A list of project admins for dspam-community can be found here:

http://sourceforge.net/project/memberlist.php?group_id=241977

The 'dspam-community' project intends to forfill its targets as set out on the wiki and continue as the 'dspam-community' project for the foreseeable future. If dspam can be acquired with copyright and trademark from Sensory Networks then we'll happily take on the 'dspam' name.

Until details of a transfer from Sensory Networks can formally be agreed upon we would not wish to slow down or discourage anyone from joining dspam-community and helping with this new adventure.

Thanks for all your hard work so far, here's a reminder of some useful links:

Wiki:
http://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/dspam-community/index.php?title=Main_Page

Bugtracker:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=241977&atid=1126285