The only thing is that the RS232 signal needs to be at the standard baud 
rate for the radio (38400 ?) and that your application can recover from 
errors since there is no error correction for data.

Mike VA3MW wrote:
>
> All
>
> I have an application (like weather data), that I want to feed into my 
> IC92
> RS232 input and fire it out on the air. Then, at the other end, I need to
> receive it into an application on my laptop.
>
> Can I do this? The key part is that I don't want a computer at the 'far'
> end._
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Mike VA3MW
>
> __
>
> .
>
> 


-- 
John D. Hays
Amateur Radio Station K7VE <http://k7ve.ampr.org>
PO Box 1223
Edmonds, WA 98020-1223
VOIP/SIP: [email protected] <sip:[email protected]>
Phone: 206-801-0820
801-790-0950
Fax: 866-309-6077
Email: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to