On Tue, 19 May 2009 22:51:54 +1000, "Tony Langdon" <vk3...@gmail.com>
said:
> At 10:32 PM 5/19/2009, you wrote:
> >While trying to gain information on how to operate beyond my local
> >repeater I saw instructions on how to link to another repeater and
> >how unlink.  I saw instruction on how to connect to a
> >reflector.  There was no mention of disconnecting.  After I am done
> >using the reflector do I need to disconnect?  If so how do I disconnect?
>
> To disconnect from a reflector, or a DPlus linked gateway, you need
> to  set UR to 7 spaces, with a U in the 8th character position, then
> hit the PTT.

I keep one call-sign memory on every radio "dedicated" to the Unlink
command.  On the ID-800H, it's the #1 call-sign memory, making it much
easier to access while driving.  Having it available in a callsign
memory makes it easier to disconnect something in a hurry if you need
to.

Something to keep in mind when programming your rigs.  I highly
recommend the programming software or if you're more adventurous, a copy
of CHIRP.

Nate WY0X
--
  Nate Duehr