I'm trying to program my brand new 2820 and having all kinds of
frustration. I've got the software from Icom, but it's essentially
useless as you can't import repeater data. I've got RT's software, but
it won't work (unfortunately, not the first time this has happened to
me) with either an OPC478 or OPC1529. I've tried Chirp, but it also
doesn't work (works with my 92AD, but not the 2820).

I've had programming software to build lists since 1996 when I got the
first repeater directory with an FT-8500. I can't imagine programming a
few hundred memories by hand. I checked the firmware on the 2820 and
it's v1.07, so I think I'm up to date.

Any suggestions? I was really looking forward to using the 2820 in my
car to replace my 8900, but I'm not a happy Icom camper at this time. Oh
yes, I did send an email to Icom and got a reply that had nothing to do
with this issue. I'm not surprised, they couldn't help diagnose a
problem with my GPS mike for the 92AD last year either.

Thanks for any help!

Jim, WD9HBC