On Jul 27, 2009, at 2:57 PM, dlake02 wrote:

> Hi John
>
> Understood, but the best form of hashtable for routing is the
> Forwarding Information Base on an IP router.
>
> I was just trying to maintain as much compatibility with the current
> G2 architecture as possible whilst providing a scalable backbone.

Absolutely necessary coming out of the gate, you have to talk to
what's out there first.

I think several of us are ready for the Next Generation Gateway (NGĀ²)
and these architectural discussions are helpful.   I'm glad you can
take time from your pressing commitments to participate!

> But, I do understand what you mean about a double look-up of
> callsign/IP-address.
>
> And I think we agree on one thing - the way it is done at the moment
> causes more problems than it solves.

As they say in Church, "Amen, brother!"

> 73 David - G4ULF

John Hays