From: dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dstar_digi...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of John D. Hays
Sent: Sunday, September 20, 2009 2:08 PM
To: dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [DSTAR_DIGITAL] ID-1 DD using a Mac ?

Hi Steve,

I haven't actually connected an ID-1 to a Mac (if someone wants to loan me a
pair, I will test), but there is no reason why it would not work for DD. DD
is an Ethernet bridge over RF.  As long as you have well formed Ethernet
packets going into the Ethernet port on the ID-1, they should just be sent
and received at 128 kbps half-duplex.  The Mac generates well formed
Ethernet packets, and most of the time those use TCP/IP protocol.

Do you have any specific questions or concerns?

The radio control program (USB)  from Icom, on the other hand, is a Windows
program.

bosshardss wrote:

Anyone have first hand experience running 23 CM DD using a Mac PC ? de nu5d

--

John D. Hays
Amateur Radio Station K7VE <http://k7ve.org>