On Apr 20, 2010, at 9:31 PM, Gary Pearce KN4AQ wrote:
> Analog and digital live well together on P-25 repeaters, which are generally
> dual mode. The analog users depend on tone decode to keep from hearing the
> equally harsh P-25 digital sound. So the concept is solid. I just don't think
> you can apply it to simplex users.

Actually, our only dual-mode P25 repeater around here went by the wayside,
because the digital users got tired of the non-CTCSS understanding analog users
keying up in analog in the middle of a QSO to ask "What's wrong with the
repeater?!"...

I think you give analog users too much credit.  LOL! :-)

The owner put an analog repeater on the original UHF pair, got another UHF pair
for the digital and segregated them.  Heh.

--
Nate Duehr, WY0X
n...@natetech.com