For a core file, pstack and mdb should always get the right symbols unless the binaries have changed. Adding the symbol table to the core file content can further ensure that symbols will come out correctly; check out coreadm(1M).
Adam On May 2, 2008, at 11:57 AM, Pierre-Olivier Gaillard wrote: > Hi, > > This is not strictly a dtrace question, but I would like to find the > function names corresponding to a list of addresses once a process > is dead. > I understand that using the -p option of dtrace helps avoid that > need in the first place but I keep running across situations where I > only get the addresses and the binary (e.g. pstack from core on > Solaris 10 where the addresses did not get translated due to a > pstack bug). > > Is there some utility in Solaris to do that (a bit like the gnu > addr2line but for binaries without debug symbols) ? Or should I just > nm the binary and find the matching functions? addr2lin > > Thanks a lot and sorry if this is a bit off topic. > > Pierre-Olivier > > > _______________________________________________ > dtrace-discuss mailing list > [email protected] -- Adam Leventhal, Fishworks http://blogs.sun.com/ahl _______________________________________________ dtrace-discuss mailing list [email protected]
