Hi All,
I'm getting link errors with code containing custom DTrace probes that
I've added according to the instructions in Mr. Leventhal's blog
(http://blogs.sun.com/ahl/entry/user_land_tracing_gets_better). I'm able
to get this working on an x86 system, so I know that the code and dtrace
commands I'm invoking are correct. I'm using gcc to build my
application. I run into problems trying to build the same thing on a
Sparc system. Here are some pertinent details for both systems:

Solaris x86 system (working):
uname -a : SunOS fxbuild-x86 5.10 Generic_127112-11 i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris
gcc --version : gcc (GCC) 4.2.1
ld -v : GNU ld (GNU Binutils) 2.18
isainfo -b : 64

Solaris Sparc system (link errors):
uname -a : SunOS fxbuild-dev 5.10 Generic_127111-11 sun4u sparc
SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240 Solaris
gcc --version : gcc (GCC) 4.2.1
ld -v : GNU ld (GNU Binutils) 2.18
isainfo -b : 64

For both systems, I generate the header file containing the probe macros
like this:
dtrace -h -s cxs_dtrace.d

For both systems, I generate the object code for the probes like this:
dtrace -G -s cxs_dtrace.d $(OBJS)

When it comes time to link everything together, I get the following
error on the Sparc system:
/home/dumoulin/cxs_dtrace/fxtrade/CXServer/bin/CXPSyncnoBumpHandler.o:
could not read symbols: Bad value

The file CXPSyncnoBumpHandler.cpp, from which CXPSyncnoBumpHandler.o is
generated, contains calls to the custom probe functions.

Any suggestions as to what the problem might be would be appreciated.

Regards,
Chris Dumoulin

_______________________________________________
dtrace-discuss mailing list
[email protected]

Reply via email to