Hi Jim,

enable destructive, plockstat work fine.  I'll apply the patch later.

Thanks a lot for your help !!!

James Yang
Global Unix Support,  IES,  GTO
Deutsche Bank US
Phone:   201-593-1360
Email :   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pager :  1-800-946-4646  PIN# 6105618
CR: NYC_UNIX_ES_US_UNIX_SUPPORT
http://dcsupport.ies.gto.intranet.db.com/

             Jim Mauro
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             Sent by:                   Jianhua Yang/db/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                            cc
             M                          dtrace-discuss@opensolaris.org
                                                                      Subject
                                        Re: [dtrace-discuss] plockstat:
             11/05/08 04:31 PM          processing aborted: Abort due to
                                        systemic unresponsiveness

Check out;

http://opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=267138&#267138

You may be tripping over bug 6507659 ("tsc differences between CPU's give
dtrace_gethrtime() serious problems".). It looks like the fix went into
127112-03 (you're running -02).

Best to install the latest patch, but you can work around this
by enabling destructive actions. For plockstat, I think that's done
as;

plockstat -x destructive=1 -A -p ....

Thanks,
/jim

Jianhua Yang wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need help here about plockstat on X86 platform (Sun X4600 AMD)
> # plockstat -A -p 20034
> *plockstat: processing aborted: Abort due to systemic unresponsiveness*
> # plockstat -e 5 -s 10 -A -x bufsize=100k -x aggsize=20m -p 20034
> *plockstat: processing aborted: Abort due to systemic unresponsiveness*
> # ps -ef | grep 20034
> algodev 20034 1 2 07:00:54 ? 86:17
> /data/algodev/arina/PCM/7.6.3d/bin/galaxy/pcmsrv_wombat -INSTANCE
> INST_P_6 -fee
> # uname -a
> SunOS nygeqptsoruat1 5.10 Generic_127112-02 i86pc i386 i86pc
>
> Thanks,
>
> James Yang
> Email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> ---