On Sep 12, 2009, at 12:28 AM, Jonathan Adams wrote:

dtrace -l -n 'whatever'

where 'whatever' is the full probe spec for nsComponentManagerImpl?? GetService*.

Then, pick out the one which looks correct.

I did this and I see

25833 pid39573 XUL non-virtual thunk to nsComponentManagerImpl::GetService(nsID const&, nsID const&, nsISupports**, nsIShutdownListener*) entry 25834 pid39573 XUL nsComponentManagerImpl::GetService (nsID const&, nsID const&, nsISupports**, nsIShutdownListener*) entry 25835 pid39573 XUL non-virtual thunk to nsComponentManagerImpl::

What do you mean by picking the one that's correct, though?

Can I somehow use the probe id in the first column?

How do I discriminate in my dtrace code for the probe?

        Thanks, Joel

---
fastest mac firefox!
http://wagerlabs.com