Not knowing anything about what your hardware is, or what version of
Solaris you are running...

the i86_mwait in the stack set off an alarm. There was a change (bug? erratum?)
on some intel processors that caused huge memory latencies.

The work around was to
"set idle_cpu_prefer_mwait = 0" in /etc/system

Not knowing anything else, you could give it a try before we
dig deeper.