Hi Przemyslaw,

It may be that the Oracle process doesn't use built-in locking
primitives. You can test that theory by doing this:

# dtrace -p <pid> -n 'plockstat$target:::{ @[probename] = count(); }'
<wait for a bit and hit ^C>

This will show you the raw plockstat probes that fired. If you see no
output, that indicates that Oracle isn't using the core locking
primitives in which case you'll need to craft your own scripts for
monitoring their locks.

Adam

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 1:37 AM,  <przemol...@poczta.fm> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to plockstat on some cpu intensive Oracle processes but get no
> result:
> # plockstat -x dynvarsize=50m -x aggsize=50m -A -n 5 -p 26602
>     0
>
> Does anybody know why ? What sould I change to get some results ?
> I have tried different parameters (including bigger dynvarsize/aggsize) but
> still no reult.
>
> (This is Solaris 10 - sorry but there is no other forum for this kind of
> questions :-))
>

> Regards
> Przemyslaw Bak (przemol)

Adam Leventhal, Delphix