From: James Carlson [mailto:carls...@workingcode.com]
Sent: 08 November 2011 18:50
To: Mehul Choube
Cc: dtrace-discuss@opensolaris.org
Subject: Re: [dtrace-discuss] concatenate structure members into one variable

Mehul Choube wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to collect the performance information for each myFunc call. The
> program is multi-threaded and uses multiple queues which can be served by any
> thread. GUID is the unique handle for each request. I can collect the
> information and store it based on GUID something like:
>
> @[guid] = ...
>
> I think the ID is correct.

Then just use the data as they are.  Dtrace doesn't have functions that
translate buffers into D strings.

(The trace() mechanism actually logs the raw data; the printing occurs
well after the fact when the user-space code gets ahold of the sampled
data.)

--
James Carlson         42.703N 71.076W         <carls...@workingcode.com>