Most of the people prefer to instal SocksServer, and use SocksServer with Squid.
Then you need just write your socks server IP in Yahoo Messenger and MSN and everything works :D
Though I think Yahoo Messenger can be used with HTTP Proxy, too. did you try to write your HTTP Proxy IP into the Yahoo Messneger Preferences ?

Sincerely yours,
Moeen Alinaghian

Sabir kk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

hi all,

     i configured squid server.its working fine.now think is that thay cant use yahoo messenger(squid users) and msn messager.so psle help for enabling messangers in squid configuration file.I am using PAM based uthentication in linux.

with regadrs

mohamed sabir