I had same dilemma when got mine 2nd receiver.. Now I'm pretty sure
originally light was white when new, but due to plastic aging or similar
it has changed its  shade and appeares as different colour.. It's more
orange then yellow in my case..

Anyway nothing to worry about..just cosmetics..

Ps mine 2nd hand receiver has really poor intermittent WiFi and dodgy
ethernet socket. It took me ages of head scratching to understand what's
going on.
Still streams well when handled with care.

3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with
HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander,
Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in
DS218+)