Dear DuMuX downloaders,

we are happy to announce today's 2.2 release of DuMuX. Find below
the most important improvements and enhancements. We recommend to
update and port your code to 2.2 to profit from the improvements.

You can download the tarball from
http://www.dumux.org/download/
User Name: dumux
Password: download

Alternatively, and particularly if you want to develop within the
DuMuX module directory, you can svn-checkout the release branch:
svn checkout --username=anonymous --password=''
svn://svn.iws.uni-stuttgart.de/DUMUX/dumux/branches/release-2.2 dumux

As usual, I want to invite you to send us feedback about your
experience with DuMuX. Anything from "I like it and use it for..."
to "I don't use it because..." is most welcome. You can sign up
for our mailing list and file bug reports at dumux.org. We also are
happy to include new features provided feasibility and personal
resources.

Enjoy DuMuX. Kind regards
The DuMuX development team

IMPROVEMENTS AND ENHANCEMENTS
Note: For the detailed description of changes in DuMuX-2.2 release
please see dumux/CHANGELOG.

- Two new fully implicit models dedicated to simulate compositional
   (non-isothermal) CO2-brine systems have been added, together with
   corresponding components and a fluid system.

- Decoupled Models: An h-adaptive model using an MPFA L-method was added
   that simulates 2p and 2p2c flow on unstructured grids with hanging
   nodes in two dimensions.

- All fully implicit porous media models are now capable of employing
   the Forchheimer equation as an alternative to the commonly used
   Darcy law.

- The Stokes models are now able to simulate the full Navier-Stokes
   equations for momentum transport.

- Several model-specific features and classes have been unified, like
   the calculation of the Darcy velocity for the fully implicit flux
   variables, or the temperature, gravity, and spatial parameter
   functionalities of the fully implicit problems.

- Names have been made more consistent. This includes grouping of
   several parameters and corresponding properties, the indexing of
   phases and components, and the preference of the partial name
   "params" over "parameters."

- Added compiler support for GCC 4.7 and Clang 3.1.

Bernd Flemisch                               phone: +49 711 685 69162
IWS, Universität Stuttgart                   fax:   +49 711 685 60430
Pfaffenwaldring 61                  email: be...@iws.uni-stuttgart.de
D-70569 Stuttgart                  url: www.hydrosys.uni-stuttgart.de