Dear DuMuX,

I am pleased to announce that we prepare a 2.7 release of DuMuX!

Consider following dates in your development / commit strategy:

== Soft feature freeze: 20. March 2015 ==
- All major changes that should be included and are not yet commited should be announced. Add comment to FS#256 describing the feature and areas affected by the change.
- Major changes not announced will be rejected after the soft freeze.
- Reports from the management representatives about remaining tasks.

== Hard feature freeze: 27. March 2015 ==
- All major changes must be committed before the hard feature freeze.
- Invasive fixes which might break other code are only accepted after consultation with the release manager, small fixes are ok. - Try to get your bugs fixed, your tests included and your documentation written before the hard feature freeze. - Final reports from the management representatives what is finished and what must be dropped.

== Final testing: 06. April 2015 ==
- No commits are allowed except these which are done by the release manager or which are explicitly authorization by the release manager.
- Release candidate packages will be provided.
- Tests on the various systems, compilers, with different settings are run.

== DuMuX 2.7 release: 10. April 2015 ==
- celebrate, I will bring something to drink!

All commits violating this plan will be reverted without further comment...

Looking forward to a good release,
Beatrix (Release manager DuMuX 2.7)