Dear DuMuX community,

we are happy to announce that the 2.12 version of DuMuX is now available!

You may get the new release via git

git clone -b releases/2.12 https://git.iws.uni-stuttgart.de/dumux-repositories/dumux.git

or you can download the tarball at http://www.dumux.org/download.php

Compared to 2.11, there are no changes in the principal capabilities of DuMuX. It is still worth to change to 2.12 since:

- We have invested quite some work to facilitate the initial access to DuMuX by creating four new elaborate exercises in the tutorial folder. They range from building a first executable up to creating a new Dune module that is based on DuMuX, accompanied by a corresponding GitLab project.

- The interfaces to Gnuplot and ParaView have been enhanced.

- Several bugs have been fixed.

For details and further changes please see the CHANGELOG.md: https://git.iws.uni-stuttgart.de/dumux-repositories/dumux/blob/releases/2.12/CHANGELOG.md

This is the last release in the DuMuX 2.X series. We are currently converging towards the end of a rather big refacturing process that leads to a 3.0 release next spring. Hopefully, this will provide you with better performance, improved modularity and enhanced transparency. On the downside, the changes will not be performed in a backward-compatible manner. Residing up to now in the branch "next", they will be migrated to the master branch within the next 10 days. If you follow us on Git, we recommend that you checkout the branch "releases/2.12" and stay there until we consider the master to be stable enough. We will actively maintain this branch at least until we have reached full functionality with DuMuX 3.0.

We hope that the changes in DuMuX 2.12 are to your benefit and we highly recommend to change to the current version. Thanks to Zenodo, the release can (and should) be cited as: Fetzer, T., Becker, B., Flemisch, B., Gläser, D., Heck, K., Koch, T., Schneider, M., Scholz, S. and Weishaupt, K. (2017). DuMuX 2.12.0. http://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.1115500.
See also the BibTex entry below.

On the behalf of all developers, I wish you all the best using DuMuX 2.12! Let us know if you encounter any problems.
Bernd

@misc{fetzer_thomas_2017_1115500,
  author       = {Fetzer, Thomas and
                  Becker, Beatrix and
                  Flemisch, Bernd and
                  Gläser, Dennis and
                  Heck, Katharina and
                  Koch, Timo and
                  Schneider, Martin and
                  Scholz, Simon and
                  Weishaupt, Kilian},
  title        = {DuMuX 2.12.0},
  month        = dec,
  year         = 2017,
  doi          = {10.5281/zenodo.1115500},
  url          = {https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.1115500}
}

Bernd Flemisch                         phone: +49 711 685 69162
IWS, Universität Stuttgart             fax:   +49 711 685 60430
Pfaffenwaldring 61            email: be...@iws.uni-stuttgart.de
D-70569 Stuttgart            url: www.hydrosys.uni-stuttgart.de