From: Timo Koch <timo.k...@iws.uni-stuttgart.de>
Sent: Tuesday, August 7, 2018 18:41
To: DuMuX User Forum <dumux@listserv.uni-stuttgart.de>
Cc: Nikolai Andrianov <nand...@dtu.dk>
Subject: Re: [DuMuX] Non-constant pressure BC for non-zero capillary pressure

Hi Nikolai,

It's a bit hard to say without seeing the results. Can you provide some
screenshot or something so that it is clear how much the pressure is deviation
where and when (only at the beginning of the simulation)?

One thing that might help: you are using the cell-centered TPFA scheme so
Dirichlet boundary conditions are imposed weakly on the boundary faces. This
means that if you visualize the cell center degrees of freedom, they are not
actually equal to the boundary values, they are rather the values half a cell
away from the boundary. So if you start with a large saturation gradient (from
sw=swr to sw=1 at the boundary) it might take some time until the pressure in
the boundary cell is close to the Dirichlet value.

Best wishes

Timo