Hi Nikolai,

the primary variable formulation is not important in darcy's law.  You use the
values in the volume variables. The formulation is only important when you are
using the privars to compute the volvars. And of course for the boundary
conditions where you have to know which primary variables you have.

Timo

Viele Grüße,
Timo