Dear developers,

I'm a postdoc student and I was asked to study the viscous finger phenomenon due to water/oil interface.

After literature review I'm convinced that dumux is a good choice. So, before jump into the problem, I'd like to ask you few questions to understand if it could be the right choice.

My starting problem will be a classical rectangular domain with water injection from the left and (possibly) extraction on the right or no extraction rate at all. I need to consider homogeneous media at first with capillarity effects included and with capillarity and relative permeability laws interpolated from provided experimental data, so I need slightly modify the classic formulas.

I should solve the Buckley-Leverett equations.

Given this premises, is it possible to do in dumux? Is there already any testcase doing this? If no, is it possible for me to add this functionality?

Thank you,

Best regards,

Lorenzo Campoli