Dear all,

I catch the occasion to greeting you the best wishes for Christmas and holidays!

I understand this may not be the best moment for questions, but maybe not for everybody is Xmas ;)

Since I got interesting results with DuMux 2.12 in the study of viscous fingers, I was asked to investingate further the effects of the presence of polymeric contaminant in the water phase.

The model to be used, as I understand (correct me if I'm wrong), should be 2p2c, where p=water/oil and c=water/contaminant(polymer).

To account for adsorption, it is assumed that phase number 1 (aqueous phase) is divided by essentially two mixed fractions (mass or molar to be used?) - water and polymer:

S_1 = S_1 * c_p + S_1 * (1 - c_p) where c_p is the concentration of the polymer in water. The dependence of the adsorption (Gamma) is provided in tabular form: Gamma = f (c_p).

I'm reading the tests/tutorials about this, and I'm wondering:

1) how to introduce the "polymer" contaminant in water? Should I create "my phase/component" fluidsystem? Which file should I use as template?

2) Mass or molar concentrations are adopted of doesn't matter as soon as they are correctly converted?

Thank you,

Best wishes and Happy New Year,

Lorenzo