De: Dumux [mailto:dumux-boun...@listserv.uni-stuttgart.de] En nombre de Timo
Koch
Enviado el: jueves, 7 de febrero de 2019 11:28 a. m.
Para: dumux@listserv.uni-stuttgart.de
Asunto: Re: [DuMuX] replacing outflow BC condition in legacy 2.12 code

On 07.02.19 16:56, Edscott Wilson wrote:

Hi Edscott,
Hello all,

  I understand the the boundary type specification"outflow" has been removed
from the current version of DuMux.
that is correct. It was removed because the implementation wasn't general
enough. There is, to our knowledge, no general implementation that works for
all physics/equations and has the same semantics in all cases.

  I see that an outflow is now  to be specified by constructiong the element
solution, evaluating the gradient and calculating the flux.
That's _one_ possibility of implementing an outflow boundary in case of the box
scheme.

In an example I see that the templates for elementSolution and evalGradients
are used.
  I am quite sure that a similar approach can be used somehow in 2.12 if I knew
exactly where to start looking. Am I right?  If so, where should I start
looking?

Your question is unclear to me. Yes, you can do exactly the same as in 3.0 (why
not?), except that you have to implement the evalGradients function yourself.
But you might end up with exactly the implementation of the "outflow BC".  If
you are happy with outflow in 2.12, why would you implement it in a different
way in 2.12? Maybe you can reformulate your question?

Timo

best regards,

Edscott
Dr. Edscott Wilson Garcia
Reservoir Engineering
Mexican Petroleum Institute

Timo Koch                              phone: +49 711 685 64676

IWS, Universität Stuttgart             fax:   +49 711 685 60430

Pfaffenwaldring 61        email:
timo.k...@iws.uni-stuttgart.de<mailto:timo.k...@iws.uni-stuttgart.de>

D-70569 Stuttgart            url:
www.hydrosys.uni-stuttgart.de<http://www.hydrosys.uni-stuttgart.de>