Hi Mahmoud,

you also need to extract the correct energy carried by the fluid in the
production well. Otherwise your domain will heat up there.
For solution-dependent point sources you can use the split interface. First you
add your point sources (in addPointSources) only providing positions as
argument to the constructor.
Then you overload the function pointSource (also in the problem) with something
like
    template<class ElementVolumeVariables>
    void pointSource(PointSource& source,
                     const Element &element,
                     const FVElementGeometry& fvGeometry,
                     const ElementVolumeVariables& elemVolVars,
                     const SubControlVolume &scv) const
    {
        const auto& pos = source.position();
        const auto& volVars = elemVolVars[scv];

        if (pos[0] < 40.0) // injection
        {
           const Scalar volumeSource = injectionRate; // injectionRate is
positive and m^3/s
           const Scalar massSource =
volumeSource*IAPWSH2O::density(injectionTemperature, injectionPressure);
           const Scalar energySource =
massSource*IAPWSH2O::enthalpy(injectionTemperature, injectionPressure);
           source = NumEqVector({ massSource, energySource });
        }
        else // production
        {
           const Scalar volumeSource = productionRate; // productionRate is
negative and m^3/s
           const Scalar massSource = volumeSource*volVars.density(0); // using
current control volume's water density
           const Scalar energySource = massSource*volVars.enthalpy(0); // using
current control volume's water enthalpy
           source = NumEqVector({ massSource, energySource });
        }
    }
This function will be called called for every point source that you added
whenever the point source contribution is added to the equation residual.
Whether your values are realistic or not I cannot help you. Initial conditions
seem fine.

Hope this helps

Timo

> [...]
>>> <s277...@studenti.polito.it> wrote:
>>> Dear Timo,
>>> Thanks a lot for your reply. I didn't use the pointSources because I didn't
>>> know how to assign the temperature inside such function for the injection
>>> well because I want to impose a rate and also a temperature.
>> Hi Mahmoud,
>> for the pointSource for the OnePNI model you need to specify mass
>> (kg/s) and energy source (J/s) (Indices::conti0EqIdx (=0) and
>> Indices::energyEqIdx (=1)).
>> “NumEqVector" has size 2 because you have two equations.
>> The energy flow can be computed as massFlow*enthalpy(p,T) (neglecting
>> heat conduction which is usually unimportant here). So the temperature
>> enters via the enthalpy.
>> You can evaluate the correct enthalpy for your fluid system with
>> using FluidSystem = GetPropType<TypeTag, Properties:: FluidSystem>;
>> const auto enthalpy = FluidSystem::liquidEnthalpy(T, p);
>> for a temperature T (in K) and pressure p (in Pa).
>> In your examples below you build a temporary object of type FluidState
>> and set the temperature on this object. However this fluid state
>> object is used nowhere, so it does nothing.
>> Consequently you seem to inject mass without accounting for the energy
>> the injected fluid carries.
>> Hope this helps
>> Timo
>>> I'm using the OnePNI model in my problem. I will try to be more specific
>>> this time as I'm afraid I could be making some mistake that I'm not aware
>>> of. To define both the injection and production wells inside the
>>> sourceAtPos function, I'm writing the following:
>>> NumEqVector sourceAtPos(const GlobalPosition& globalPos) const
>>>   {
>>>        NumEqVector values;
>>>        using FluidState = GetPropType<TypeTag, Properties::FluidState>;
>>>           FluidState fs;
>>>       // we define one source term and one sink term
>>>       //Injection well (Source Term)
>>>       if ((globalPos[2] > 15 - eps_ && globalPos[2] < 35 + eps_) &&
>>> (globalPos[1] > 45 - eps_ && globalPos[1]  < 45 + eps_) && (globalPos[0] >
>>> 35 - eps_ && globalPos[0]  < 35 + eps_))
>>>       {
>>>       fs.setTemperature(293);
>>>       values[contiWEqIdx] = 1e-1; // kg/(s*m^3)
>>>       }
>>>        //Production well (Sink Term)
>>>       else if ((globalPos[2] > 15 - eps_ && globalPos[2] < 35 + eps_) &&
>>> (globalPos[1] > 45 - eps_ && globalPos[1]  < 45 + eps_) && (globalPos[0] >
>>> 65 - eps_ && globalPos[0]  < 65 + eps_))
>>>       {
>>>       values[contiWEqIdx] = -1e-1;  // kg/(s*m^3)
>>>       }
>>>        else {
>>>        values[contiWEqIdx]=0;
>>>        }
>>>        return values;
>>>    }
>>> where contiWEqIdx is defined in an enum as contiWEqIdx =
>>> Indices::conti0EqIdx
>>> and my model dimensions and cells are as follows:
>>> Positions0 = 0 10 30 70 90 100
>>> Positions1 = 0 10 30 70 90 100
>>> Positions2 = 0 10 40 50
>>> Cells0 = 1 2 4 2 1