(I tried to reply via email, but nothing shows up. I hope this doesn't ends up
twice here.)

Yes, of course, how terribly short-sighted not to link to the instructions. My
apologies!

You need an account with jottacloud.com, I believe they have a free 5GiB
account if anyone wants to try it out.

Here's how you set up jottalib
https://github.com/havardgulldahl/jottalib/wiki

In the current form, jottalib will look for environment variables or an .netrc
entry. I'd be happy to discuss the best login options for the backend, if this
doesn't match other backends.

With the lib properly set up, invoke duplicity like any other backend

    duplicity <local dir>  jottacloud:/<jotta folder>

where <jotta folder> can be anything you like, and will be created if it does
not exist.

Hope this helps, please let me know if there is anything I should add.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~havard/duplicity/jottacloudbackend/+merge/304955
Your team duplicity-team is subscribed to branch lp:duplicity.