After some tests and research, I found a workaround for me. Maybe it can
help somebody else...

I am using Scaleway Object Storage (S3 compatible).
I set volsize to 1GB but always get a "Broken pipe" error when uploading large
sigtar files (>8GB)

Tried to use boto backend and "--s3-use-multiprocessing" whith no luck
(got a bytes/string TypeError with _boto_multi.py)

So I switch to boto3 backend to get multiprocessing working
"Boto3 always attempts to multiprocessing when it is believed it will be more
efficient"
Source : http://duplicity.nongnu.org/vers8/duplicity.1.html

But still get the same error as the begin : "Broken pipe"

After some research I found a limitation with Scaleway :
"Object Storage supports multipart upload. We recommend uploading by chunks, in
a limit of 1000 chunks per upload and 5TB per object."
Source : https://www.scaleway.com/en/faq/how-can-i-upload-large-objects/

The default boto3 multipart_chunksize is 8MB and my sigtar file is 8.8GB
So I tweak multipart_threshold & multipart_chunksize boto3 variables (from 8MB
to 50MB) and everything works fine ! :)

duplicity-team, which is subscribed to a duplicate bug report (502609).
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/385495

Title:
  Large backup signature and manifest files should be split with
  --volsize too

Status in Déjà Dup:
  Triaged
Status in Duplicity:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  With new 0.6.0 release, the signature & manifest archive should be
  split to respect the volume size's command line option.

  Without this, it's not possible to backup to limited filesize backend,
  like imap, or ftp.