Hi!

Martin Ereth wrote:

[dvbcut/gettext]
> But how do you want to solve this? I don't know a solution to use qt and
> "normal" c++
> i18n without working in parallel.
> How should that be done?

I need to check that - maybe we can override/replace the default
translator, or something like that.

Extracting the strings shouldn't be too hard; "xgettext -ktr" works
fine, as far as I can tell. If the rest of the strings are marked with
_() as usual, we can use the -k option several times, or run xgettext twice.

> I don't know whether qt is able to read gettexts gmo-format, but I think it
> isn't.
> gettext is able to produce qt's qm-files. So we may have two files, one for
> core and
> one for qt-gui? Both are produced from a po-file. But then are there always
> differences between the two files.

That's a nightmare^Wsituation I would like to avoid.

> The best solution would be using gettext for everything.

Exactly.

--
Michael "Tired" Riepe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>