Hi,

Michael Riepe wrote:
>> Here are the commands that I use to manually install dvbcut on my Ubuntu
>> installation:
>>
>> checkout:
>> svn co https://dvbcut.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/dvbcut/trunk dvbcut
>>
>> Compile and install:
>> autoconf
>> ./configure --with-qt3-include=/usr/include/qt3/ --prefix=/usr
>> make
>> sudo make install
>
> Yep, that's exactly how it's done (+/- config options).
>
>> Could anybody please tell me how I can create a tarball from the svn
>> directory produced by the checkout?
>
> To build a source tarball, just configure as usual and then type "make
> dist". You can check if the tarball works correctly by running "make
> check-dist" afterwards.

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately it does not work on my Ubuntu
9.04 installation. I think that this is the relevant output from the
terminal:

Last change made on 2009-06-27 at 17:08:09Z in file 'dvbcut.h' by
'too-tired'
Prepared header file './src/version.h' for version/revision:
0.6.0-release/165
cd dvbcut-0.6.0 && \
                find . -type f ! -name MANIFEST -exec wc -c {} \; | \
                sort +1 >MANIFEST
sort: open failed: +1: No such file or directory
find: `wc' terminated by signal 13
find: `wc' terminated by signal 13
find: `wc' terminated by signal 13
find: `wc' terminated by signal 13
find: `wc' terminated by signal 13
<snip>
find: `wc' terminated by signal 13
find: `wc' terminated by signal 13
find: `wc' terminated by signal 13
make: *** [stamp-dist] Error 2

It seems to me that a file named MANIFEST is missing. Do I have to
create it and what should be its content? Or should it be automatically
generated?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Francesco