Hi,

Am Samstag, 2. Oktober 2010 schrieb Felix Miata:

> My 0.6.18 version of dvdauthor's man page says nothing about the -x option.
> Nevertheless, I tried using the -x syntax and the xml file generated by
> dvbcut's #4 export option "DVD-Video titleset (dvdauthor)" thus:

Aehhh,... actually THAT'S the #5 option which I mentioned in my last note,
which produces directly a DVD titleset in the specified directory (not file!)
by piping the DVBcut output to dvdauthor. Don't know why this is in 4th
position with your installation...

It makes no sense to author this directory content twice, it is already
authored! Instead you can directly use it with k3b (or any other burning
tool) to burn the content to a DVD or give it to mkisofs for creating an iso
and burn this to DVD.

If you just want to create a mpg file I would recommend the 1st option "MPEG
program stream/DVD (DVBCUT muxer)". This file then you can use with the
template xml & dvdauthor (or dvdwizard, I prefer when I need
menus&thumbnails).

BTW, the comma separated chapter list for copy&paste is printed right before
the xml template file in the export statistics window right after export!

best regards,
ralph