Greetings,

I'm involved with a Python DWARF parser, Pyelftools (
https://github.com/eliben/pyelftools/ ). I have a question about DWARF5 and
the newly indexed loclists/rnglists sections, please.

In those sections, each CU gets a block. The block starts with a header,
which starts with a 4/12 byte unit_length field, which also serves as a
bitness indicator (32/64) - right? So the size of the offset values in the
offset table below the header is driven by the structure of unit_length. The
DWARF5 standard, section 7.29 talks about "32-bit DWARF" and "64-bit DWARF"
without making clear which of the bitness indicators should be used - the
one from the original DIE's CU, or the one from the CU header loclists where
the DIE points. I was presuming all along that it's latter; can someone
please confirm? Thank you.

Regards,

Seva Alekseyev