It sounds like the most practical approach might be for some Indian national(s) to attempt to get a member or
 members of the Indian Military interested in Amateur Radio.  That would likely eliminate the licensing problems, and possibly provide ongoing activity.

As for instant gratification being the reason to delete countries, I'm not sure that is entirely the case.  It's kinda like owning a spark gap transmitter.  It no longer has any practical application.  If it were a lead pipe cinch that ZL9 would never be activated again, then it is similar in nature to the spark gap transmitter. The dilemma is that while we know that the spark gap transmitter will never again have a practical application, we can not be sure that never really means never in the case of ZL9, and this is what drives the attitude of the DXCC committee.

To a great extent, our perspective on these issues is driven by our own positions.  I have both KP1 and KP5 confirmed, yet do not have ZL9, VU4, or BS7.  Having KP1 and KP5 confirmed means only that I am getting old and have been chasing DX for a long time.  As for the others, they have all been activate in my lifetime, and unfortunately I was out chasing the all mighty dollar at the time.  Chasing the all mighty dollar didn't turn out like I had hoped, and it cost me the opportunity to work the DX that I needed/wanted.  That's the way it happened, heading west.  (that will reveal my age to many of you)