(Discussion moved to DX Chat from DX News)

First, as noted in the reply over on DX News (if anyone missed it over
there), the link I have is:

http://www.thedesertsun.com/news/stories/local/1027736792.shtml

and it works.

Can a felon hold a license?  I don't have my copy of the FCC rules in front
of me (they're down in the shack) but:  considering that his felony did not
in any way involve Amateur Radio or other forms of communications, I suspect
he probably can.  Now that is not to say that the Commission might consider
invoking the "KV4FZ" rule to determine whether or not he's fit to hold a
ticket, but that's another story.  Personally, I hope they don't.  The man
has paid his dues and then some.  Leave him be.

I don't believe that Dr. Miller would be able to retrieve his old call under
Vanity.  Didn't I read somewhere where someone formed a "club" in his
"honor" and got W9WNV as the club call?

In any event, he was once a legend amongst DX'ers and he once set THE
standard for small (one or two man) DXpeditions.  Here's hoping that he
comes back to Amateur Radio and DX'ing in a positive way.

73, ron wn3vaw

"And they give you cash,
which is just as good as money!"
Yogi Berra, AFLAC Commercial, 2002