In any event, that's been my experience. Take it for what it's worth. CU in the pileups.

Kelly - KE9KD
http://www.dx-central.com

At 08:15 PM 01/21/2003 -0500, you wrote:
I think its also like so many other things: they don't break if you have replacements handy.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Ron Notarius WN3VAW
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 19:39 PM
To: Gary Danaher; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [DX-CHAT] re:verticals

I've had my HF6V close to 20 years, and I've never had the caps break. I even have a spare set that someone gave me so that I'd be ready when it happened... never has. I think it's like so many things, they break if they're not installed correctly (ie overtightened)

73, ron wn3vaw

"Doc? You built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?"
"The way I look at it, if you're going to build a time machine out of a car, you might as well do it with style!"
-- Marty McFly & Dr. Emmet Brown, "Back to the Future"